April 26, 2018
This month we would like to shine a spotlight on Every Child A Reader, a nonprofit organization that is “dedicated to inspiring a lifelong love of reading in children and teens across America.”
February 20, 2018
We are so pleased to share with you the newest review of our book, The Day I Went to Space, on The Children's Book Review! The Children's Book Review is a fantastic website that showcases a variety of children's books, allows you to easily search by subject matter and age range, and highlights the work of well-known and new authors. Be sure to check out the review and the author showcase of Bryson Reaume today!
February 12, 2018
We are looking for Brand Ambassadors, people who know and love children’s books and can act as eyes and ears for our company. We want to create a network of parents, teachers, reviewers and book-lovers who can help spread the word about Bryson’s Books and its charitable give-back program. The ideal person is someone who regularly reads and enjoys children’s books, has a passion for picture-taking and sharing fun finds with their followers, and someone who wants to do good within their community!
Who we are looking for:
- An enthusiastic ambassador who enjoys taking photos and creating new, fun and relevant content
- An active participant in various social media communities
- Familiarity with children’s books, education and interactive play (please note you do NOT need to be a parent to apply!)
- Someone who loves our books!
What we are looking for:
- High quality, well-shot images of our books and/or products being used, displayed, etc. All images should be tagged and include the company’s name in caption. At least one image per month.
- Social media interaction between the ambassador’s account and company’s account in the form of likes, comments and shares
- Links to our website or shopping pages used in conjunction with ambassador created images for at least 24 hours following the post.
- A term of 6 months as Brand Ambassador. All Ambassadors are reviewed at the end of their term and considered for renewal.
Perks and Benefits:
- Free copies of all Bryson’s Books hardcover children books as well as any new works published during the terms of ambassadorship ($90 value, 5 books)
- A 40% discount on all Bryson’s Books art prints and products ordered directly from our website or Etsy
- “Regrammed” images used on the company’s social media that tag and link back to Ambassador’s profile
- Reciprocal social media support and interaction in form of commenting and likes on Ambassador’s regular and company branded content
- Experience in social media marketing as a Brand Ambassador
HOW TO APPLY:
Send us an email (email@example.com) with the following items. We will do our best to get back to everyone who applies.
- Submit five to ten sample images of original content created for personal Instagram account (personal or brand supported posts) that show an example of your personal style/aesthetic/lifestyle. Include your Instagram and Facebook handles/links. Applicants must have a public profile.
- Write a brief essay (300 words max) on why you would like to be a Bryson's Books Brand Ambassador, what you like about our company, how you want to contribute, etc. Nothing too formal, just to give us an idea of who you are!
- Answer these questions:
- Where do you normally buy books? In-store on online? Which stores?
- What are some of your favorite children’s books? Favorite grown-up books?
- Do you have a favorite charity or non-profit organization? Are there any causes near and dear to your heart?
We look forward to hearing from you!
February 06, 2018
We are delighted to share Voyage LA Magazine's feature on our company! A publication known for highlighting independent businesses and entrepreneurs, Voyage LA is an online magazine with amazing features on the "movers and shakers" of Los Angeles. Check out the link below to read the article and learn more about the amazing work being done all over LA!
January 12, 2018
Happy 2018 everyone! As we start to move forward with plans and goals for the new year we think it is important to look back at the past year and reflect on our journey with Bryson’s Books. Here is a look back at our 2017!
Two New Books
In 2017 we were excited to unveil two new books, The Day I Went To Space and Silly Face Castle. The illustrations in TDIWTS are out of this world (pun fully intended) and the Borisames of the Silly Face Castle are sure to delight little readers!
We had the good fortune to be featured on four different parenting and book review blogs this past year. The first was The Mouse Who Lost His House on the multicultural parenting blog, All Done Monkey, as part of their article “Children’s Books About Being a True Friend.”
A Simple Rock was featured on Homebound But Hopeful’s article “Rock On! Rock Painting Story Time Ideas.” A Simple Rock was then featured a second time on the lovely YouTube channel and children’s book review blog, Mai Story Book. We were delighted to be a part of Maya’s feature on independently published books!
The Mouse Who Lost His House was chosen to be a part of the toddler Christmas gift guide from Beauty, Baby, and a Budget. A fantastic blog about motherhood and style, both our books and nursery prints were selected to be a part of this amazing group of fun children’s gifts!
Two Great Causes
In September, the Bryson’s Books crew participated in the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation’s Starry Night 5K in Griffith Park. Through our fundraising efforts we were able to raise over $1,000 to support medical research and counseling programs offered by the PBTF. Overall, more than $62,000 was raised in support of this deadly form of childhood cancer. It was an emotional experience but the strength of the children and families impacted by this cancer are truly inspirational. We were honored to be a small part of this important event.
As the core part of our give-back program, we donated 25% of our profits from book and art prints sales to the non-profit organization, Shelter Partnership. Based here in Los Angeles, Shelter Partnership works with a network of homeless shelters all over LA County and manage donations big and small to ensure they are going to the specific places they can help the most! Additionally, they advocate for the more than 47,000 homeless people living in LA County to improve affordable housing and services provided for the homeless community.
Part of the Community
We have been very excited to announce that two of our books are on the shelves of one of our favorite bookstores, Vroman's Bookstore in Pasadena! Practically an institution in Pasadena, Vroman's is a champion of the independent bookstore and we are so happy to have our books in their store. We also joined a variety of local authors for the 5th Annual Pasadena Library Authors Fair. It was great to meet fellow authors and members of the Pasadena community!
We want to thank everyone who has supported Bryson’s Books throughout this past year. We have a lot of exciting things on the horizon and we count on your support to share our message of giving back to those in need (along with reading some great books)! Thanks for everything and we hope you all have a happy and healthy 2018!